Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Mental Tangent

Writing is still going a little slower than I really would like it to go. Problem is, with my wake/sleep schedule as messed up as it has been, the writing I've been able to get out has been little more than fragmented mush. And that's never any good.

 But, I think I've got a pretty good handle on getting that all fixed. I did manage to get about 2500 words written down on page tonight. Which is good, because I've been working on that chapter for a few days now. And I'm still going to have to go back probably tomorrow and change a few things up that aren't really sitting all that well with me. 

I'm thinking, and hoping, that when the weekend comes around I'll be able to get back into the full swing of things and at least make an attempt to catch up a little and get some good writing sessions in. That's the plan anyways. Whether it works or not is another story entirely.

 What I have gotten down, is actually pretty good I think. Getting into some expanding of the world. At least a little bit. A few hints dropped here and there about the rest of the world and how things are everywhere outside of LA as far as supernaturals go. That's always good. And it fits in with the main plot of the story, so that's a plus as well. 

I've also gotten a few ideas for other things that may or may not show up at some point in later stories. I tend to do that when I'm writing. I'll get something down on paper, pause and think about the far reaching implications of some innocuous piece of information, and come up with another thread that I can pull on at a later date. I don't know if I'll ever use it, but it'll be there sitting in the back of my head just in case anyway. That's just how things work sometimes. Mental tangents.

No comments:

Post a Comment