Sunday, December 29, 2019

Busy, Busy

The last few weeks, because of work and the holidays getting in the way, not to mention the weird weather we've been having lately, its been a bit difficult to get anything substantial on book 3 done. Like, seriously, this book is taking far too long to write.

A lot of that can be chalked up to my sleep schedule and work interfering with each other so that by the time i wake up for work, I've got really no time to do anything. And I'm usually too tired after I get home for much of anything coherent. It's a bit of a problem.

Thankfully, along side a bout of insomnia that's not letting me sleep at all the last few days, I've managed to get close to five chapters done in the last three days. So now, for a change, I'm actually progressing rather smoothly and quickly. It helps that there's been a bit of action in the writing, and that almost always goes well in general anyway.

Still, its a good sign. If I can manage to fix my sleep schedule to give me back the time before work, and get rid of this insomnia, I may be able to finish up this book, or at least the first draft, and move forward with what needs to be done.

Admittedly, the story has gone through a lot of changes already from what I'd initially intended. It had too. Something had to be toned down enough that I could write past the same spot over and over and over again. Like seriously, I've had to start over so many times. I am not doing that again. At least not in this book. I've gone too far, and put in too much work. I'll make it all work somehow.

I think.

Confidence :)

I've got quite a few plans moving forward anyway, and I'd really like to get started on them. But to do that, I need to finish what I'm working on right now. Got to progress the story, got to move the whole of the world forward. If I don't, nothing else is really going to matter all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment