Monday, August 12, 2019

Editing

I did manage to run through Chapter Six of CHERUBIM. Turns out it wasn't as bad as I had initially thought last night, but it's still going to take some work when I get into the editing process later down the road. But I'll worry about that later.

Right now I'm just getting  focused on making sure the story is progressing how I want it too. I don't make outlines all that much anymore, because, well I tend not to stick to them. Like at all. An idea will often pop into my head, that i think will make things more interesting, or better in some way, and I add it in, and it changes everything else that is going to come after it.

For example, working on Chapter Seven today, and I remembered that this would be the second incident at the Armory in as many months. Realistically, that can't be very good as far as the Authorities go. So I got two options, ignore it and just pretend its either all swept under the rug and no one notices, or deal with it and have Supernatural Affairs show up and be all angry.

I guess I could do it all off-screen so to speak, but that just seems like a cop out to me. I can do better than that. And it will let me introduce some concepts into the story that were in NIGHTWALKER but not really fleshed out.

It might be fun, but will have to see how it turns out. I may just end up scrapping the whole thing, but I hope I'm not going to have to. But who knows. It may work out perfectly. But this is why I don't use timelines. Planning to far ahead with my writing never seems to work out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment