Sunday, August 25, 2019

Midway Point

I managed to get 2.5 chapters done today, passed the 60k mark, and I think I'm just a little bit past the midway point in the story. Maybe a little further than that, I'm not altogether sure yet. I'm going to have to wait and see what develops as I continue writing.

I do know the current scene I'm on is going to be at least one more chapter, maybe two more so I've still got a ways to go on it before I'm finished. Then after that I may go into the dream sequence part, but the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I may just leave that part out. Still not 100% set on it either way, and I am wavering back and forth. I'm just wondering what it would add to the story if I put it in, or what the story would be missing if I left it out.

What I've got in mind for the dream sequence might bring a bit more tension into the story, and create a bit more of a need for quick action, but I'm just not sure about it still. If anything, I may just write it out separately and see how it works out before I make my final decision. I mean, if I do it right, it'll come off as all nasty and creepy, and that's what I want. That would mean though having to do a lot of adjusting to the parts that would come after it to make the whole thing fit. So, not entirely sure yet.

I got a lot of work done, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. As I get further into the story I see parts that are going to have to be revised, cut, or added to from previous chapters. But that's later down the road. Still got a lot going on before i get to that point, so outside of making notes here and there, I'm not worrying about it much.

Poor Heaven though, she's growing and evolving, but I'm putting her through quite a lot in CHERUBIM. I may have to give her a break soon. Maybe not in this story, but maybe the next one. Who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment