Saturday, August 24, 2019

Moving Forward

I had a few false starts in my writing sessions tonight. I managed to finish up Chapter Fifteen, but it took a while to get started on Sixteen. I kept having to delete and restart over and over again. It all came down to trying to make up my mind on how I wanted the chapter to start, and more importantly who I wanted the chapter to start with. 

I went through a few ideas, one of which is a dream sequence, that i think I'm going to use a little bit later if I can manage to figure out how to go on from there. But I did manage to get it all sorted out, and it's probably going to change a bit when I go through the revision process, but the important thing is to get the words down on paper. Metaphorically since I'm on a computer of course. 

Chapter Sixteen is a little bit of the fallout from the previous chapters, and a bit of character building with the new werewolves that have been added to Flavius' repertoire in this book. It's just a small pack, but I think they're going to be very important to the story moving forward in this book and beyond. I'm really liking how the Alpha female is turning out so far. Hopefully that continues. 

The next part I'm going to have to deal with more vampires and all their politics than just Flavius and Seraph. Hopefully I can manage to work through it well enough that it adds to the story , and does a bit of world building rather than just being filler. But i have high hopes for what I've got in mind. I'll have to see how it all turns out though. 

On another note, I got myself a new tool, a new add-on for Open Office that I've used a little bit on the first chapter, and it looks like its going to be really handy and very helpful during the revision process. Might make things go a bit smoother anyways. That's my hope. And hopefully it helps me evolve and improve as a writer regardless.

Already up to 51k words so far, and maybe 1/3 of the way through. Maybe a bit more. this is actually going really well. I'm really proud of it so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment