Thursday, August 22, 2019

Three Chapter Scene

So, it's looking at this scene that I'm working on it going to be over three chapters long. That's three chapters just for the action, and probably going to end up with at least another chapter added on for the aftermath. There's a few casualties in this one, so that's going to have to be dealt with in some fashion before I can move on and continue with the next part of the story.

And I'm remembering that this is just the first run through, the first draft of CHERUBIM, and when I go through it a second time in revision and editing phase, it's probably going to grow a little bit more when I add some things, remove other sections, and flesh the details out a bit more. Right now I'm just going with the flow and getting everything out, then I gotta go back around and make everything a bit more presentable.

How that's going to turn out, I don't know yet, and it may end up looking very different than I have it right now. As it is, this section of CHERUBIM is pretty violent and bloody. I may end up lessening or expanding that aspect depending on what I do with what precedes this section. Don't know yet. Will have to look into it when I get to that point in the writing process.

On another note, I'm going to have to go over and redo everything I have, or thought i had, all planned out for the cover. With the formatting change, mainly because I thought the dimensions of the NIGHTWALKER paperback were a little off to me, it takes revisions. The cover was going off the notion that the book was a certain size, and now that I've made that a bit smaller, the cover dimensions change. So that's going to be fun.

Can't really just resize it, because that would just make everything all messy. Going to probably have to redo the whole thing. But i'm sure I'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment